How long to cook steak fajitas in Instant Pot?
EASY Instant Pot steak fajitas are a delicious and healthy dinner. These steak fajitas in the Instant Pot take just 5 minutes to prep + 7 minutes to cook. Full ingredients + instructions are on the recipe card at the end.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Add all of the steak into the Instant Pot, and top with vegetables and remaining fajita seasoning. Stir to coat, then add broth and lime juice. Pressure cook. Close the lid, seal, and set to High Pressure for 2 minutes. It will take some time to come to pressure, and once time is up, use Quick release to release pressure immediately.
Instant pot chicken fajitas are so easy to make and require very simple ingredients. Cooked in under 20 minutes in the Instant Pot. Place all of the ingredients in the Instant Pot, mix everything so that the chicken and the peppers are well coated in the spices.
Let the meat cook until the timer is finished (about 45 minutes from the time it starts cooking) and then let the pressure release naturally for about 10-15 minutes. When you are ready to serve the fajitas, release the remaining pressure in the pot using the pressure release valve.
Select the PRESSURE COOK/MANUAL setting and set the cooking time for 10 minutes at high pressure. The Instant Pot will take around 6-7 minutes to come to pressure and start cooking. When the cooking program ends, quickly release the steam.
- MARINADE: combine the ingredients for the marinade along with 1 ½ teaspoons salt and ½ teaspoon black pepper.
- Set a large cast iron skillet or nonstick skillet over high heat and let heat up for a couple of minutes.
- FAJITA VEGGIES: Add another teaspoon of oil to the pan over high heat, add half the onions and bell peppers.
- In a small bowl combine the salt and spices with 1 Tablespoon oil to create a paste.
- Set Instant Pot to SAUTE and heat the oil.
- Brown the chicken on both sides (2-3 minutes per side) then remove it from the Instant Pot.
- Add beer to the pot, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the Instant Pot.
Just follow these simple steps:
- Season the chicken. Generously sprinkle the fajita seasoning on both sides of the chicken and use your fingers to press it in.
- Cook the chicken. Heat a large skillet over medium heat and lightly coat it with a drizzle of olive oil or avocado oil.
- Saute the bell peppers and onion.
- Mix together.
- Wrap it up.
- Unwrap the frozen chicken completely first.
- Put the trivet into the bottom of the Instant Pot and place the chicken on top of it.
- Add a cupful of water to the pot.
- Close the lid and set the steam release knob to “Sealing”.
- Press the “Pressure Cook” button, then choose the cooking time in minutes.
Combine Instant Pot fajitas ingredients. Add all of the steak into the Instant Pot, and top with vegetables and remaining fajita seasoning. Stir to coat, then add broth and lime juice. Pressure cook. Close the lid, seal, and set to High Pressure for 2 minutes.
Enjoy fajitas any night of the week thanks to the pressure cooker. This delicious Instant Pot Steak Fajitas recipe is so easy that you will not believe it. It really is so fast and the beef is incredibly tender and flavorful.
Allow the valve to release the pressure for about 10 minutes, then do a quick release. Stir in the bell peppers and the onion. Add the lid again, and set the pressure for 2 minutes. It is so easy.